Friday, July 17, 2009

A box of fruit slices is a serving of fruit

Faneuil hall is a fat kid's dream with stalls of Chinese, Japanese, burgers, cookies, ice cream and pizza vendors. However in the North Market building, a building rarely frequented by anyone other than tourists, is the Boston Creamery & Confections.

In addition to pick mix selections of jelly beans, truffles, chocolate covered cherries and turtles I come to Boston Confections for their fruit slices.

I’m not sure where they get them, but the slices are thick, sweet and flavorful. These are not the typical cherry, orange and lime flavors, but the variety of unusual flavors and quality make them unique. My favorite is the pomegranate. There is also grapefruit, peach, green apple. I believe a box constitutes at least a serving of fruit, because these have to have real flavoring.

My family requests these specific slices every time I come home or send a care package. The obsession is so great that upon picking up dear old mom and dad from the airport last week we made an immediate visit to stock up…my addiction is clearly genetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment