Friday, July 17, 2009

Lost without Lulu's

I was very excited to hear that Lyndell’s bakery was going to be adding a location in the North End. Lyndell’s half moons are addicting. I was anxious to see how the new spot in little Italy, but I was shocked to find out that the new location is the empty shop that Lulu’s Bake Shoppe once filled with my favorite sweets.

What will I do without you Lulu’s? How can a bakery raved about on yelp and in Food Network magazine not survive. Even during tough economic times, doesn’t everyone need a cupcake?

While tourists stood in line at Mike’s Pastries, I was proud to visit Lulu’s for a cupcake or small cheesecake. Lulu’s was a hidden gem on Hanover street that visiting felt like unwrapping a secret only I knew about.

I would like to take a moment of silence for the loss of Lulu’s moist and rich red velvet cupcakes…

No comments:

Post a Comment